I know some people who say “How can I cook here? Can not find any good ingredients in this country”. I say “BS”, though I will (try to) not say it out loud.
I believe that if you don’t cook in Angola, you won’t cook even if you’re in Paris surrounded by the best ingredients available. But I also believe that having appropriate means to cook does boost your likeliness to cook. Like having a new silicone mold or new piping nozzles, or owning a NEW BREAD MACHINE!!!!
I used to HATE making dough, they always stick, no matter what the recipe says. Not now… ‘coz I have my machine ^_^
So when I had this craving for Roti Boy (coffee cream glazed buns), I googled the recipe, tried it, tweaked it, re-teweaked it and and voila I had my Roti Boy.
Ingredients for the dough (in this order for Bread Machine)
- 4 tbs vegetable oil
- 2 eggs + milk (make it until 400 ml)
- 2 tsp salt
- 8 tbs sugar
- 650 gram high protein flour (bread flour)
- 4 tsp instant yeast
160 gram (refrigerated) salted butter, divided into 20 cubes.
- 75 g unsalted butter
- 100 g icing sugar
- 2 tbs instant coffee
- 1 egg
- 75 g all purpose flour
- 20 g powdered milk
- Take 60 g of the dough, fill with 8 g of butter, make a round bun
- One recipe will make 19-20 buns
- Let them rest for 45 minutes (until double the size)
- To make the topping, mix butter, sugar, instant coffee ’till soft, then add egg, mix ’till smooth then add flour and powdered milk.
- Pipe topping, circling, covering 2/3 of the rested buns.
- Bake 180C for 13 minutes
It’s best to enjoy the buns fresh from the oven. To reheat them, just put them in oven (180C) for 5-7 minutes.
This recipe is already revised (for the better) from its original posting.